PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
The PAX Middle East and Africa Teams are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our two dynamic Country Programmes teams and support the implementation of Strengthening Civil Courage (SCC), a large multi-country peacebuilding and human rights programme.
Team Assistant SCC Country Programmes
(32-36 hours p/w)
Responsibilities and tasks
As part of an alliance of four organisations, PAX leads the Strengthening Civil Courage programme, working across the Middle East and Africa. The Africa and Middle East teams are spread across PAX HQ in Utrecht as well as small offices in Iraq, Burkina Faso and South Sudan.
The Team Assistant supports the country teams with the implementation of the programme through providing a range of administrative, financial, logistical and coordination tasks. The Team Assistant also liaises directly with and supports the SCC Programme manager with coordination tasks.
The Team Assistant will report to and be supervised by the Team Leads of both teams. The Team Assistant will be responsible for executing tasks as identified in a work plan or delegated by other members of the team, including:
- Providing administrative support to the Project Leads for financial transactions, contracts, payments, reimbursements, etc.;
- Maintaining contact databases and mailing lists, producing and disseminating newsletters and other products, serving as point of contact with PAX communications team;
- Serving as general point of contact for our teams for introducing new colleagues and other organizational matters within PAX;
- Preparing of meetings and note-taking;
- Planning and organizing events and team activities, including related participant support, travel, accommodation, venues, and logistics;
- Supporting data management, collaboration and knowledge-sharing within and between the teams;
- Supporting the teams and the SCC Programme manager in the coordination of SCC planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL) activities and research/analyses.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, organisational talent, who enjoys working in a dynamic, international team and contributing to a positive team spirit. Outstanding communication skills, independence, and commitment to achieving quality outputs are essential.
Required skills and experience
- Higher professional education or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience, ideally within the non-profit sector;
- Professional-level fluency in English; desirable Dutch, French, Arabic;
- Endorsement of the mission and central values of PAX, and affinity with the identity of PAX;
- Proven planning, work management, and problem-solving capabilities;
- Able to work independently and responsibly, and as a member of a diverse team;
- Convincing professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications, other standard office software and administrative tools;
- Eligibility to work in the EU.
- A rewarding job in a dynamic, informal work environment engaged with international themes;
- Place of employment: Utrecht, The Netherlands;
- Appointment for 32-36 hours per week (0,9 - 1 fte);
- Starting as soon as possible;
- Salary scale 7 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience a min. of € 2.370,23 to a max. of € 3.114,91 gross based on 36 hours per week);
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8.0 % holiday allowance;
- Full reimbursement of public transport travel expenses.
Procedure and information
For more information, please visit the website of PAX www.paxforpeace.nl.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter in Dutch or English addressed to Laureline Monnier, Team Lead Africa & Latin America, solely by using the application form at the bottom of our vacancy-website.
Closing date for applications to this position is the 25th of September 2022.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Reageer op deze vacature
Reactie datum is verstreken per 25 september 2022.
Blijf op de hoogte van het werk van PAX.
Schrijf je in voor onze nieuwsbrief.