PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified, and peaceful societies across the globe.
The Africa and Latin America team supports actors standing for peace in Sudan, South Sudan, the DRC, the Sahel and in Colombia.
Our Africa and Latin America team in Utrecht is looking for a:
Project Officer Colombia
24 hours per week
Start date as soon as possible
As a Project Officer (PO), you will provide organisational support to facilitate the realisation of project objectives. To this end, you may work on several projects within the same programme, which makes this position both challenging and fulfilling. The total workload within the project team will be divided among various enthusiastic and dedicated team colleagues. You will work closely with the Project Leader.
Main activities and responsibilities
As a Project Officer you keep good overview to provide administrative and technical support. You play an important role to successfully implement the different projects of the Latin America (Colombia) Team. Furthermore, your professional contribution is key for the process management of the team as a whole.
- is very important for the well-functioning of the Latin America (Colombia) team. You are responsible for information management, taking minutes, administrative tasks, organising (internal) workshops, follow up on internal and external information requests from the wider organisation, proper data management etc.
- as a good organiser is key to meet the mutual responsibilities and obligations of PAX and its partners in Colombia. Your role consists of contract management, controlling payments and financial reporting etc.
- to the strong and successful development and implementation of projects is to support fundraising (importantly), project monitoring, supervising the process of outcome, harvesting etc.
- is to logistically support the work of the Latin America (Colombia) team, for instance visa applications, travel arrangements, etc.
- A relevant degree at academic level, preferably in the field of international development or conflict and peace studies;
- Eligible to work in the EU;
- Proven project management skills;
- Attention to detail and able to work responsibly under pressure, individually as well as in a team;
- Good communication and analytical skills;
- Inventive and assertive attitude and great sense of humour;
- Interest for and knowledge of the situation in Colombia (Latin America);
- Fluency in English, including excellent writing skills, and minimally working knowledge of Spanish. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage;
- Endorsement of PAX’s mission and values & affinity with PAX’s identity.
- A dynamic position in a high-paced, informal, international working environment in a committed team;
- Some international travel;
- Place of employment: Utrecht, the Netherlands;
- Start date: as soon as possible;
- Appointment for 24 hours per week (0,67 fte), initially for 6 months with the possibility of extension;
- Salary scale 8 according to PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience min. € 2.651,23 – max. € 3.615,22 gross for a full-time position of 36 hours);
- 8% holiday-allowance;
- 8,3% end of year bonus;
- Full reimbursement home-to-work travel costs of public transport 2nd class.
Information and application
For more information, please visit the website of PAX www.paxforpeace.nl.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) in English addressed to Laureline Monnier, Team Lead Africa & Latin America, solely by using the following Application form (nmbrshire.com).
Closing date for applications to this position is Sunday 4 June 2023.
The first round of interviews will be held on Thursday 8 June 2023.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion, and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Blijf op de hoogte van het werk van PAX.
Schrijf je in voor onze nieuwsbrief.