PAX is the largest peace organization in the Netherlands. We work to protect civilians against acts of war, to end armed violence and to build inclusive peace. We work in conflict areas worldwide, together with local partners and people who, just like us, believe that everyone has a right to a dignified life in a peaceful society.
Purpose and position of institutional fundraising
Peace and security are matters of life or death. As one of our institutional fundraisers, you help PAX realize a more peaceful and safer world. PAX is successful in winning grants from governments and corporate foundations in multiple countries. Our goal is to significantly increase funding from various sources, identify new donors and to manage due diligence processes for donor contracts. Particularly with Dutch Foundations, PAX has a world to gain.
The fundraising team consists of nine people and occupies a strategic position within the organisation. In the team, four people focus on individual giving in the Dutch market, while four fundraisers focus on institutional donors, the Dutch Postcode Lottery and Dutch Foundations, supported by an assistant. In addition, the PAX Board of Directors is proactive in reaching out to potential donors and experienced in building PAX’s profile.
To realize PAX’s institutional fundraising ambitions and due to the departure of one colleague and the maternity leave of another (both part-time roles), we are currently looking for an
Institutional Fundraiser (1,0 fte)
This position primarily focusses on the European Commission, the German and Swiss government and related institutions, as well as Dutch Foundations.
The focus of this position will be on identification as well as on compliance and relation-management with institutional donors and (large) foundations in aforementioned markets.
- Develop, maintain and manage strong relations with the European Commission, the German and Swiss government and related institutions, thus increasing support for PAX’s work;
- Develop, maintain and manage strong relations with Dutch foundations, and increase their support to the PAX Peace Fund;
- Ensure excellent donor compliance for existing grants, including timely and reflective reporting;
- Take the lead in efficient and successful proposal development processes;
- Raise structural and project-based funds;
- Encourage management and programme staff in their acquisition tasks and relationship management.
We are looking for
Our ideal new colleague has the knowledge and people skills needed to externally increase financial support for PAX’s work and internally engage colleagues to develop proposals and ensure compliance with grant conditions. PAX is looking for someone who can identify and capitalise on opportunities in selected markets, a (near-) native English speaker with an equally profound knowledge and experience of the Dutch language, with an entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit, as well as a passion for fundraising. Because of the demanding contractual obligations of various institutional donors, we look for someone who works in a systematic and accurate way, knows his/her way with bureaucratic procedures and deadlines, working closely together with colleagues of various departments within PAX.
We ask for
- University-level professional and intellectual ability;
- Proven successful experience (minimum five years) with coordinating complex funding proposals and donor relations management, including compliance;
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant markets and networks;
- Experience with peace-building in (post) conflict areas is an important asset, preferably within the sector of non-profit and/or international organisations;
- Experience from the donor perspective is considered added value;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- A happy networker, who communicates effectively with different stakeholders at all levels;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- A position in a dynamic and highly international working environment with committed and enthusiastic colleagues;
- An organization with budget and opportunities for personal development;
- Starting 1st of June 2022 or as soon as possible;
- Appointment for 36 hours per week (1,0 fte), on a 12 month contract with the intention to extend;
- Salary scale 10 according to the PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience min. of € 2.571,83 to a max. of € 4.350,10 gross for 36 hours);
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8.0 % holiday allowance.
Procedure and information
Get to know our work at www.paxforpeace.nl.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) in English addressed to Michael (Chiel) Roelands, Institutional Fundraiser, solely by using the application form at the bottom of our vacancy-website.
Closing date for applications to this position is the 22nd of May 2022.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Reageer op deze vacature
Reactie datum is verstreken per 22 mei 2022.
Blijf op de hoogte van het werk van PAX.
Schrijf je in voor onze nieuwsbrief.