PAX is the largest peace organization in the Netherlands. We work to protect civilians against acts of war, to end armed violence and to build inclusive peace. We work in conflict areas worldwide, together with local partners and people who, just like us, believe that everyone has a right to a dignified life in a peaceful society.
Purpose and position of institutional fundraising / resource mobilization
Peace and security are matters of life or death. As our institutional fundraiser, you help PAX realize a more peaceful and safer world. PAX is successful in winning grants from governments in multiple countries, including the US Department of State. Our goal is to significantly increase funding from various sources, identify new donors and to manage due diligence processes for donor contracts. The PAX Board of Directors recently decided to increase our fundraising efforts with institutional donors such as DRL, USAID, DFAT as well as large Foundations in the US and Canadian market.
The fundraising team consists of eight people and occupies a strategic position within the organisation. In the team, four people focus on individual giving in the Dutch market, while three fundraisers focus on institutional donors, the Postcode Lottery and Dutch Foundations, supported by an assistant. In addition, the PAX Board of Directors is proactive in reaching out to potential donors and experienced in building PAX’s profile.
To realize PAX’s institutional fundraising / resource mobilization ambitions and due to the departure of a colleague we are currently looking for an
This position primarily focusses on the Northern American market: Government and related institutions and Foundations based in the US and Canada. We are open to applicants based in the US or Canada as well as in The Netherlands.
The focus of this position will be on identification as well as on compliance and relation-management with institutional donors and large foundations in aforementioned markets.
- Develop, maintain and manage strong relations with the US and Canadian government and related institutions as well as Foundations, thus increasing support for PAX’s work
- Ensure excellent donor compliance for existing grants, including timely and reflective reporting
- Take the lead in efficient and successful proposal development processes
- Raise structural and project-based funds.
We are looking for
Our ideal new colleague has the knowledge and people skills needed to externally increase financial support for PAX’s work and internally engage colleagues to develop proposals and ensure compliance with grant conditions. PAX is looking for someone who can identify and capitalise on opportunities in selected markets, a (near-)native English speaker and with a passion for fundraising. Because of the demanding contractual obligations of various institutional donors, we look for someone who works in a systematic and accurate way, knows his/her way with bureaucratic procedures and deadlines, working closely together with colleagues of various departments within PAX.
We ask for
- University-level professional and intellectual ability
- Proven successful experience (minimum five years) with coordinating complex funding proposals and donor relations management, including compliance.
- Knowledge of and experience withrelevant markets and networks
- Experience with peace-building in (post) conflict areas is an important asset, preferably within the sector of non-profit and/or international organisations
- Experience from the donor perspective is considered added value
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch (or willing to learn Dutch)
- A happy networker, who communicates effectively with different stakeholders at all levels.
- A position in a dynamic and highly international working environment with committed and enthusiastic colleagues
- An organization with budget and opportunities for personal development
- Starting as soon as possible
- Appointment for 28,8 hours per week (0.8 fte), on a 12 month contract with the intention to extend.
- Salary scale: competitive and comparable to similar positions within like-minded organizations in the Netherlands
- End-of-year bonus of 8.3% and 8.0 % holiday-allowance.
Procedure and information
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter (1 page) in English addressed to Michael (Chiel) Roelands.
Closing date for reactions to this vacancy announcement is 15 October 2021.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.
Reageer op deze vacature
Reactie datum is verstreken per 15 oktober 2021.
Blijf op de hoogte van het werk van PAX.
Schrijf je in voor onze nieuwsbrief.